During the warm weather, Rosé’s really come into bloom. What better way to enjoy your rosé than on a picnic with your crew. We’ve pulled together some of our top tips to nail your next picnic.
First and Foremost PLAN AHEAD
Whether you’re hostess with the mostess for your group or tend to go with the flow, either way planning a picnic requires some foresight. Pick a beautiful spot, with good ground to sit on and hope that the weather is agreeable (that’s one this you can’t plan for).
Plan your pack. Aside from food some key things to remember are:
• A comfortable blanket or rug to sit on
• A cooler for items that need to be kept cold (like your bottle or Days of Rosé)
• Plates, forks, knives, napkins, cups and/or glassware, and a cutting board
• Sunscreen and insect repellent
• Books, board games, Frisbee or some other form of entertainment
• Speakers to play some tunes
• Trash bags to clean up after yourself
Don’t forget about the FOOD
Choose your food choices carefully; the best option is finger-friendly, easy-to-prepare foods. Try things like BBQ chicken, sandwiches, wraps, cut fruit, tear-able bread, carrot and celery sticks, crackers, chips, dried fruit, and so on.
Let’s not forget CHEESE
If you’ll be picnicking on a hot day, it’s best to choose a firm, low-moisture cheese since soft cheeses can get gooey. Aged Gouda, Romano, Manchego, or Vintage Cheddar are good options.
The best part is DAYS OF ROSÉ goes great with a cheese platter. Rosé goes with just about any cheese, so long as you avoid anything too strong or funky.